Effective date: June 18, 2020
Within this Policy you will find covered matters related to the following:
- Information We Collect
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Contact Information
- U.S. Use
- Special Notice to California Residents
The Services are not directed at children and we do not knowingly collect personal information via the Services from children under the age of 13. If a child provides us with this type of information online, please contact us to have the account deactivated by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
We collect and store information that you provide when using the Services, such as information that you provide during account registration, information you post to Services, and information you provide in response to surveys. For example, this information may include:
- Personal identifiers, including your name, e-mail address, and phone number;
- Medical information and other health information, such as when you provide us feedback on treatment history or information about your experience with doctors;
- Demographic information, including your date of birth;
- Geolocation information; and
- Other types of information that you may provide via the interactive features of the Services.
We may receive information from commercial sources such as companies that maintain information about healthcare providers and their specialties. We may combine the information we collect from other sources with the information we collect directly from you under this Notice and generate inferences about you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our third-party partners may also collect data by using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or similar means (collectively, pixel tags) that allow us to know when you visit the Services. These are small bits of code, which are embedded in web pages, ads, and e-mail, that communicate with third parties. We use these to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
We and our third party partners also may use other kinds of technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage in connection with the Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For HTML5 local storage, the method for disabling HTML5 will vary depending on your browser. For Flash cookies, information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies can be found here.
Some of our third-party partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. To learn more, please click here or here.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the data we collect, including your personal information to:
- Provide you with products and services, such as to complete registration, fulfill transactions that have been requested, and to manage the Services;
- Improve our products and services, including the Services, and identify, develop, and offer new or expanded products and services;
- Personalize your experience with the Services, including customizing the content and/or format of the pages of our websites that you visit;
- Notify you about updates, products, services, and/or special offers that may be relevant to you, both on and off the Services;
- Ask you to participate in brief surveys;
- To secure, protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Urovant Sciences, the Services, its employees, agents, or other users, or to comply with law; and
- Conduct analysis, generate aggregate data, which is not subject to this Policy, or otherwise conduct research related to our products and services and the use of the Services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be made available to others when you use certain interactive features of the Services. For example, content that you post to forums and other interactive portions of the Services will be visible to other users of the Services, and you should not expect privacy or confidentiality of the content you post. Urovant Sciences is not responsible for how other users may collect and use that content, including the personal information contained therein.
We also disclose your personal information to certain third parties with whom we have a direct or indirect business or contract relationship:
- We may share information within our family of affiliated companies.
- We also may share your information with those providing contractual services to us. For example, we may disclose information to third parties that provide administrative or processing services for us, for example, printing, mailing, and/or payment processing, or to those providing hosting services to us.
- We may share your information with business partners to provide the products and services you have requested.
We may also disclose your personal information with third parties:
- To secure, protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Urovant Sciences, the Services, its employees, agents, or users;
- To comply with law and in response to legal processes such as subpoenas and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities and other governmental authorities consistent with applicable laws, including, for example, to comply with regulatory requirements relating to the safety and efficacy of our products and services;
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization; and
- Otherwise with your consent or at your direction.
You may opt-out of receiving certain communications from Urovant Sciences, including text messages, voicemail or e-mail. Please follow the unsubscribe instructions in our emails or text messages or contact email@example.com. Remember, however, that Urovant Sciences may still send e-mail or call you in order to provide a product or service that you request and for other non-commercial purposes, where permitted by law.
Although the Services currently do not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals, we do offer you choices to manage your preferences as described in the sections above. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org
Links to Third Party Sites
The Services may contain links to other third party websites and services. Urovant Sciences does not control the privacy policies or practices of these third-party sites. You should review those policies before providing any information. Urovant Sciences is not responsible for the content or practices of any linked third-party sites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
Urovant Sciences has established commercially reasonable safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your personal information that is stored on our systems. However, no data storage system or transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. If you use Services that require a password, you should never disclose your password to anyone. Urovant Sciences will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information.
Urovant Sciences reserves the right to change this Policy to respond to new laws, regulations, technology, or for other business reasons. Please check this Policy from time to time to review any such changes.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us in care of: Urovant Sciences, Inc., 5281 California Ave., Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92617.
Special Notice to California Residents
This section supplements the description of our information collection and sharing practices elsewhere in this Policy to provide certain disclosures to California residents whose personal information Urovant Sciences processes pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Please note that these disclosures do not apply to information that is not processed under the CCPA.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We do not treat the ways we share your information as a sale of your information to third parties for money or other valuable consideration, although we do share your information with third parties as discussed in this Policy.
Under the CCPA, California residents may have the right to request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information give consumers additional transparency and access to the specific pieces of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of information under certain circumstances. Please note that these rights are not absolute. For example, we may not delete information we are required to retain for regulatory reasons, certain internal business purposes, or where otherwise provided for by law. As another example, we will not respond to a request if we cannot verify you as the requestor.
Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity, including by asking you for additional information. If you would like to use an agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf.
Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your rights, we will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to your information or otherwise permitted by law. Please submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents once a year to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the phrase California Shine the Light Request in the subject line, and provide us with your name, address and e-mail address.